The Pass Hunter is the speediest of our offerings and is designed for light-packing adventures over mountain passes, Sport Touring, and even the weekend club ride!
While this may look like a traditional randonneur, don't let that elegant Cool Blue and nostalgic 80's Burgundy paint and metallic logos fool you. This frameset is packed with modern design and features.
The wishbone rear triangle is a Velo Orange custom arrangement. By simplifying the connection points, it makes the rear end light and springy for optimal power transfer.
The main triangle uses an oversized 35.0mm downtube and a standard 28.6 top tube. It makes the bike planted, comfortable, and with flex in all the right places.
Lastly, the front end. The headtube is tapered to allow the use of aftermarket carbon forks that are available such as Rodeo Labs and Whisky, along with many others that fit into the "utili-fork" genre. The steel fork offered with the frameset has an axle-crown of 393mm with 51mm of rake.
Here are the frame highlights you need to know:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8" -> 1 1/2" tapered threadless, 4130 double-butted chromoly steel, EC44/40 lower cup, EC34/28.6 upper cup
- Wheel Size: 650b or 700c
- Tire Clearance: 650Bx42mm and 700x32mm w/ fenders, 650bx48 and 700x35mm without fenders.
- Rear Spacing: 12x142mm thru-axle
- Front Spacing: 12x100mm thru-axle
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: Flat Mount disc
- Seatpost size: 27.2mm, non-integrated seat collar (not included)
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Double on top of downtube, under downtube, and on seattube
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Rear Dropouts: Vertical with aluminium alloy replaceable hanger
- Frame Eyelets: Single eyelets on rear dropouts for fenders, internal eyelets on seat stays (for rack that does not exist as of yet).
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders, triple thru-bosses on the blades for cargo cages, hourglass braze-on for Randonneur Rack.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Cool Blue or Burgundy Red with metallic VeloORANGE logo
- Thru-Axles included